Series: The Debt's Been Paid
The Debt's Been Paid: The Meaning of the Resurrection
April 04, 2021 | John Durham
The ultimate question is if there is a God, has He communicated His story to us and His expectations of us? The foundation of Christianity is the resurrection of Jesus.
Here is how the story seemingly ended JOHN 19:28-30 It is finished = the debt’s been paid
The darkest day in history leads to the greatest day in history.
FOUR SIGNIFICANT THINGS TO THIS ACCOUNT:
- A WOMAN WAS THE FIRST THERE.
- THERE ARE TWO EYEWITNESSES TO THE RESURRECTION.
- THE STONE WAS REMOVED.
- THE GRAVECLOTHES WERE NOT STOLEN.
FOUR THINGS CHRIST’S RESURRECTION MEANS
- GOD IS FOR US.
- GOD HAS DONE THE IMPOSSIBLE TO BRING US TO HIM.
- GOD’S PROMISES TO US ARE ALWAYS SOLID
- GOD HAS MADE A WAY FOR US TO LIVE THROUGH OUR DEATH
THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT DAYS OF YOUR LIFE IS YOUR FIRST DAY AND YOUR LAST DAY.
There is a chasm between humanity and the Creator of the Universe. The chasm is caused by sin that has entered humanity and the cost of sin is eternal separation from sinless God. Find out how the debt has been paid for us as we close in on Resurrection Sunday.