Midweek will return on January 9th and Student Connection will return on January 13th
HSM Waco is a group of 7th-12th grade students that meet twice a week:
Midweek on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00pm
Student Connection on Sundays from 10:00-11:15am
Our four core values outline what HSM Waco is all about:
- Converge- Gathering students to worship Jesus
- Connect- Meeting with familiar and new friends for fellowship
- Develop- Growing in our relationships with God
- Mobilize- Living on mission by showing and sharing God's love
Student Connection meets on Sundays at 10:00 AM in the youth room. This is a time for us to split into small groups according to grade and grow together and go deeper in the Word.
- We begin our mornings with donuts, fellowship and community. If you are new, we have a wonderful team of students and college volunteers that are waiting at the doors to meet you, hand out a connection card, and introduce you to the staff and other students!
10:15AM: Group Worship
- Each Sunday we have some students lead the group in worship to help prepare our hearts and minds for God's Word.
10:20AM: Small Group Teaching
- Everyone is dismissed and sent to their classes by grade. During the school year, our student connection parent teachers all use the Gospel Project curriculum as their material. The curriculum does an excellent job of teaching and explaining the stories of the Old Testament while simultaneously pointing out all the "Christ connections" that happen.
Highland Student Ministry meets every Wednesday in the Youth Room from 6:30-8:00pm for Midweek. We gather for fellowship and worship before we split between high school and middle school for lessons by our ministry leaders, Jordan McKinney and Berry Blake. During the summer we combine middle school and high school for our lessons during Midweek.
For specific information about our events and activity outside of our weekly gatherings, please check out our calendar!
Find us on Social Media!
For more info about our Student Ministry, please contact our team:
Jordan McKinney, Student Pastor
Berry Blake, Girls Minister
Hannah Henke, Administrative Assistant